villa virgin gorda villa
NEW LOWER RATES
7 BEDROOMS 8
BATHROOMS SLEEPS 16+ HORIZON EDGE
POOL 6000 SQFT LIVING SPACE/OUTDOOR DECKS
The Main House
Virgin Gorda rental vacation villa has been designed to let
the ocean breezes and sunlight surround you. The tile
main floor is a free flowing area, including a living room
with a built-in CD entertainment system and 55 inch HDTV,
dining room and fully equipped kitchen with a seating island for
drinks. Our living room has a rattan sofa, a love seat
,other chairs and tables. Sliding glass doors along both
front and back of the villa open to beautiful ocean views of
Virgin Gorda. A 12 foot wide covered front deck
stretching the entire length of the house (56 ft) is a great
place for a casual lunch, a romantic candlelit dinner or
your afternoon nap in the hammock or 1 person hammock
swing. The 8 foot wide garden deck, with a
propane stainless steel BBQ Grill, will give you all the sun
you want. Even the main floor bathroom extends into
the outdoors, through sliding glass doors to the glass block
enclosed double shower. We have a wheelchair ramp for ease of access
to the first floor bedrooms and living areas.
kitchen, with a large center island, is equipped with all new appliances,
a large side-by-side ice maker GE
refrigerator, GE microwave, GE dishwasher, wine cooler
and GE electric self cleaning smooth top four burner
range. A complete set of kitchen utensils, small
appliances and cookware is provided as well as
glasses/dinnerware for 16. We also maintain a large
selection of spices and basic condiments/supplies for your
use. The dining area has a wine cooler for your beverages
and a table for 12. We have a 20 ft wall of walnut
cabinets, so lots of storage.
Upstairs, you will find two bright and cheery bedrooms with tiled floors, walk-in closets, seating for two and overhead fans. One bedroom has a king size pillow top bed, and the other has two twins. Both bedrooms have on-suite bathrooms with showers. A bridge, connects the bedrooms. Each bedroom also has an exterior sitting balcony overlooking South Sound. Extra guests can sleep on the day bed in the twin bedroom.
The horizon edge 12,000 gallon pool is 5ft to 8ft deep with its own rock waterfall and lots of tile decks all overlooking South Sound. Our pool is a salt water pool, which keeps the pool clean and silky smooth. The pool deck has 8 chaise lounges and a 50 inch table with four chairs. If you want to lounge near the pool, but be out of the sun, enjoy our covered deck, which also has a 50 inch table, four more chairs and an entrance to the lower shower. Enjoy a drink at our covered poolside wet bar.
Pool WingOur pool wing has five more bedrooms, all with an on-suite bathrooms and a shower for each bedroom and is a separate structure, connected by a bridge to the Main House of the villa and overlooking the pool. The main floor includes the master bedroom area,and a bathroom with a glass block enclosed outdoor covered shower, and a covered veranda with chairs and tables, overlooking the pool and South Sound. The master bedroom features tiles on the floors, a sitting area with rattan sofa, love seat and tables, 6 foot glass sliders to the veranda, views of South Sound on three sides and a king size pillow top bed. Another bedroom with floor tiles and an on-suite bathroom with a shower, is on the main floor and is furnished with a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and has a glass sliding door to the veranda The pool deck bedroom has Mexican tiled floors, a queen pillow top bed, overlooks the pool and deck and connects to the lower level bathroom and shower. The top floor bedrooms (2) have on-suite bathrooms with a shower, a queen size pillow top bed, tile floors and provide 360 degree views of South Sound and the mountains that surround the villa. Each bedroom has its own closet and accessory seating and have glass sliding doors to the balcony, which has a sitting area .. Lush tropical landscaping surrounds the villa and pool. We have selected a wide variety of flowering plants as well as trees. The villa has a cement access road as well as cement driveways/parking area and perimeter fencing/cattle guard to keep cattle out.
Overhead fans are in the living and dining rooms and all the
3) A 55 inch flat screen high resolution widescreen with DVD/BlueRay with DVD's in the living room. DVD's can be rented on the island as well. No broadcast TV service. Roku service on the TV.
4) A new washer/dryer is on the lowest level of the main house. An iron and ironing board are also provided.
5) A 2 person kayak, and two 1 person kayaks are available for your use and kept at our dock. A 12' fiberglass dinghy and new 18 HP outboard motor for use at additional cost of $300/week. Our dinghy is kept out of the water with our new boat ramp with a hand winch.
6) The CD sound entertainment system has speakers in the living room and outdoor deck. Bring your favorite CD's or listen to ours. ipads can be connected to the system.
7) The villa kitchen is furnished with a coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, 800 watt blender, Cuisinart food processor, four slice toaster, mixer, electric can opener, electric knife, electric wok, electric fondue pot and lots of tools. We also provide basic condiments and spices.
8) Our new dinghy ramp with a winch makes it easy to launch and retrieve the dinghy/outboard. We recommend you keep the dinghy out of the water unless it is being used.
9) Take the stone walkway to the our dock for boating, swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving in South Sound. (Water shoes or snorkel fins recommended). Relax on our waterside 15 ft X 15ft dock with great views, fresh water enclosed shower and cooling breezes.
10) Beach towels, beach mats and food coolers are in the Main Villa House.
11) 4 scuba tanks are available No other scuba equipment is provided.
12) A soft side crib for the little ones.
13) Blowup 22" high Queen size bed with integral air pump for overflow guests
14) Outdoor Propane Stainless Steel Grill Utensils are in the kitchen.
15) Backup automatic full house Generac generator, so you will never be out of power. The unit detects loss of government power, starts the propane powered engine and provides power to the villa as long as the government power is out. When the government power comes back on, it will shut down. Completely automatic.
16) Although it is rarely needed, since the villa faces into the trade winds, the villa does have individual remote controlled multi zone mini-split A/C units in every bedroom and the main living area. Compressors are outdoors.
rates include the BVI rental
tax and maid service midweek and weekend of your stay. Other
arrangements can be provided.
Sound Road, which leads to the villa, connects to the main
Virgin Gorda government road, running between the Valley and
Gun Creek. The South Sound Road is a one lane island road
about 1 mile long, which goes through pasture land with
cattle and is level and flat and easy to drive on. The
cattle are peaceful and will cause you no harm. If they
happen to be in your way, just slowly pass by them.
We recommend a rental car be secured for your transportation while on Virgin Gorda, with several different types of rental vehicles available. We can arrange a rental for you and have the agency we work with pick you up at your point of entry. They will have the villa key, as well as a map to guide you to the villa. You can view the cars they have available by going to the link near the bottom of the page. Select the car you want and we will reserve it for you. Contact us for details.
The villa has a guest book for your comments, as well as booklets with information on dining spots, maps, and information on what to do on Virgin Gorda, plus books on the history, flora and fauna of Virgin Gorda.
of this villa by:
Design: Thorsten Cook
Builder: Michael Bailey
Villa Rental Information is available from
Thorsten Cook at:
If your interest is in a purchase of your own villa, you can view the entire villa
estate development by clicking on this link.
Link to South Sound Virgin Gorda Property Development Project
South Sound Weather - Look at the weather reports for South Sound